Every time I try to buy bras I go “Ok, now, you need more nude t-shirt bras” and then all I ever buy is black lace.
This is so impractical and it’s not like I have any reason to wear pretty bras but I can’t stop it’s a problem…….
can i mention how the kaiju have destroyed countless worlds but once they reached earth the humans were like nope. not today mother fuckers. big robots. lets go.
Sappho, Blame Aphrodite (via camilla-macauley)
Replace with your own answers and then tag 10 some people.
- Name: Callie
- Nickname: Callinou, Calimaki, C
- Birthday: April 30
- Gender: Badass hobbit chick
- Sexuality: Mechanical engineers with pretty hands. It’s a problem
- Height: 5’1”
- Time zone: EST
- What time and date is it there: 1:30pm 9/14
- Average hours of sleepI get a night: 9ish?
- Last thing I googled was: Pittsburgh weather
- Most used phrase(s): “I’m familiar with the concept”
- First word that comes to mind: nap
- What I last said to a family member: “Yeah just email me the link, mom, I really want to go to sleep.
- One place that makes me happy and why: Avalon Yoga in my hometown— I love the classes and it’s just a happy place. I miss it. The UC activities room is not the same.
- How many blankets I sleep under: One fluffy duvet
- Favorite beverage(s): Uhhhh water? PMT, and I guess chamomile tea.
- Last movie I watched in the cinema: oh god uhhhhh I think Harry Potter VI? I almost never go, it’s expensive and the AC is unnecessary.
- Three things I can’t live without: Yoga, sleep, and a lot of conditioner (my hair is nuts)
- A piece of advice to all my followers: Go the fuck to sleep (SUSAN)
- You all have to listen to this song: One Time by Marian Hill
If you wanna do the thing, consider yourself tagged.
In fact a mature person does not fall in love, he rises in love. The word ’fall’ is not right. Only immature people fall; they stumble and fall down in love. Somehow they were managing and standing. They cannot manage and they cannot stand – they find a woman and they are gone, they find a man and they are gone. They were always ready to fall on the ground and to creep. They don’t have the backbone, the spine; they don’t have that integrity to stand alone.
A mature person has the integrity to be alone. And when a mature person gives love, he gives without any strings attached to it: he simply gives. And when a mature person gives love, he feels grateful that you have accepted his love, not vice versa. He does not expect you to be thankful for it – no, not at all, he does not even need your thanks. He thanks you for accepting his love. And when two mature persons are in love, one of the greatest paradoxes of life happens, one of the most beautiful phenomena: they are together and yet tremendously alone; they are together so much so that they are almost one. But their oneness does not destroy their individuality, in fact, it enhances it: they become more individual.
Two mature persons in love help each other to become more free. There is no politics involved, no diplomacy, no effort to dominate. How can you dominate the person you love? Just think over it. Domination is a sort of hatred, anger, enmity. How can you think of dominating a person you love? You would love to see the person totally free, independent; you will give him more individuality. That’s why I call it the greatest paradox: they are together so much so that they are almost one, but still in that oneness they are individuals. Their individualities are not effaced – they have become more enhanced. The other has enriched them as far as their freedom is concerned.
Immature people falling in love destroy each other’s freedom, create a bondage, make a prison. Mature persons in love help each other to be free; they help each other to destroy all sorts of bondages. And when love flows with freedom there is beauty. When love flows with dependence there is ugliness.
Is it sad that I really, really hope there’s some guy about my age who loves cars and is destined to have a lot of money and somehow is also attracted to short nerdy girls who dress like James Dean and spend way too much time covered in sawdust?
I just really, really want to have a relationship with a guy where we go “You know what? Spending money on clothes is stupid, and we have money. Let’s buy cars.”
And we do, and we drive them and look at them and modify them and fix them and cuddle and watch Top Gear, and go on roadtrips in obscure places in things like a Morgan +8 with no luggage (because, really, there’s no trunk) and a tent.
That just sounds…. nice. Easy. Someone I could spend time with and laugh with and be myself around without apologizing for kinda being a tomboy and much rather be out under the stars than out in some club in uncomfortable shoes trying to talk to people.